Münster and Other News


Some updates on what seems like a never-ending process:


Audition for Theater Münster (05.02.17)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this audition, mostly because I was tired and I have a premiere coming up. Also, most of the guys I talked to at other auditions said they would be there, so I figured the director had just invited everyone.

Theater Münster


In the end, however, I did decide to go. We were given a surprise free day the weekend before, and Münster is literally just 20 minutes away. I wanted to see what it was like there, and also I want to be able to say I really made the most of every opportunity, so I bit the bullet, hopped on a train at 10:30 on a Sunday morning and walked over to the theatre. 

There were a lot of boys there, most of them familiar faces, and some new ones as well but there were not as many as I was expecting. The class started at 1pm (so I even got to sleep in). It was very classical, but it a very enjoyable way. I actually had fun! I stayed at the back mostly because there was space there. I wasn't particularly motivated in the beginning, but in spite of all the pushy ballerinas, I somehow got into it. 

They made the first cut after the class, keeping about 16-17 boys. I was lucky to be one of those chosen for the repertoire round. We were joined by the girls and were taught 2 phrases by the lovely members of the company. I wasn't expecting to, but I really enjoyed this round again. The phrases were musical, dynamic and made use of the space. We also did a little improvisation, to show a bit of ourselves. Then, another cut was made, and I made it through to the partnering round.

I was partnered up with a lovely Brasilian girl, who I worked very harmoniously with. We were taught a small partnering section, then we had to show it one couple at a time, after which we had the chance to improvise with one another while using our voices. He spoke to everyone in that round, and the people at the top of the list had to take a headshot for the next season. He said he really liked me, but I wasn't the first choice. I still took a headshot anyway. Yet another successful audition; I left Münster feeling tired but content.

***

I checked my e-mail after the audition and saw I got an answer from Regensburg, but unorftunately it was not to offer me a contract. I was a little disappointed, but the feeling didn't last long. They said I was on top of the waiting list, but they probably say that to everyone.

I'm taking a bit of time now to stop thinking of auditions, and focus my energy on the premiere. Then, hopefully I will get an answer from Gregor and I will be able to continue searching or start packing. I have an audition in Denmark at the end of the month, but we'll see how things pan out till then.

Comments

Popular Posts