A Sign?


I finally got an answer from Braunschweig. He called a few minutes after S and I had had lunch, bearing, unfortunately, bad news. He said there was no really good reason why he wouldn't offer me a contract. The only thing was that he wouldn't know how to cast me in the pieces that he was bringing back from this season. I won't lie, I was disappointed, mostly because I had been waiting for three weeks to hear that. 

However, life goes on and there will be other jobs. As I was typing this, I got an e-mail from Münster with the same response. I've been giving it some thought, and I think this is probably a good thing. I've been working full time in a theatre for the past seven years. It's been safe and consistent, and I've definitely had a great time as well as learned and grown a lot. Perhaps life is now telling me to get out of my comfort zone and explore other possibilites. The good thing is that these past seven years have also allowed me to build up a strong support system, which is so important. 

Maybe this is a sign that I need to take a break from full time dance. This is all I have known since 2006, when I started at WAAPA. That is more than 10 years of my life dedicated to this profession. There will be other opportunities, and I can't wait to find out what they are! I will be in Copenhagen about two weeks, so there are things to look forward to.

Comments

Popular Posts