Chapter 2 - The Lord giveth...

CHAPTER II



Dear Keith,

 

I apologise that we´ve not been in touch to answer your questions but there have been some problems since you left.

 

I´m very sorry to inform you, but due to changes in the financial structuring of the theatre we are not able to offer you a contract for next season. These decisions are made out of my hands and the budget cuts concern the whole theatre.

 

I know this will be very disappointing for you, and if I see a chance to offer you something in the 2nd half of our season (from January 2010), I will contact you.

 

I wish you all the best, and hope that you are successful in finding another position.

 

 

Yours sincerely

 

Tarek Assam

Tanzcompagnie Giessen

 

 

I won’t lie. I was disappointed when I first read this. Who wouldn’t be?

However, I have had a couple of days to think about it, and I can bet that this blog would be very different had I chosen to write as soon as I got the e-mail.

Two words: shit happens.

The night this e-mail popped up in my inbox, my best friend was admitted to hospital. I had just come back from the hospital close to midnight and checked my e-mail. I’m not sure how I felt when I first read it. I wasn’t angry or upset or confused. All I thought was, ‘why me?’ I think the worst thing about the situation is not that I had lost my job even before it had started, but the fact that I was happy and feeling so secure about my life for just a few weeks. It’s the uncertainty that I dread the most.

It took me a day to get over it. After a long chat with my mum, and spending the day with two of my very supportive friends, I saw the brighter side of things. It’s time to get up and keep going. How lucky I am to get this e-mail on a Friday, so that I can have the weekend to get over it and get my spirits up. It’s time for chapter two of this particular part of my life. I can only move forwards from here. They don’t call me a go-getter for nothing.

Three words: bring it on.

Comments

Unknown said…
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)
Kate said…
lol got two words for you:
cheer up!

thing will eventually get better~
best of luck~! ^__^

Popular Posts