possible chaos ahead


Since my last post I have done one audition and have been invited to three. I'm waiting for an answer from Heidelberg, which I should get tomorrow. 

Let's start with the audition that I did in Trier:

It was a three and a half hour train ride along the Rhine and the Lahn. The weather was beautiful, so I was in quite a pleasant mood all the way there. The audition was at 14:30, at the Probebühne. It was a little difficult to find the studio, as there were no signs or anything. Luckily a guy who knew where it was showed up.

The ballet class was nothing special. It only went for an hour, and the ballet master looked like he didn't really want to be there. He looked like he didn't really want to be anywhere, in fact. There were only 7 boys at the audition, and still they made a cut. I was cut after the class, and when I went to ask why, I was told that I moved too big, especially with my upper body. This was something I had never heard before. Obviously this company is not for me, because I want to go somewhere that I can move more, not less!

Trier Hauptmarkt

I spent the rest of the day sightseeing, (Trier is the oldest city in Germany, and was a Roman settlement) and spent the evening in the sauna of my hotel, which was incredibly relaxing. I was relieved that I was probably saved from a year of misery.

The next drama is that I might possibly have 3 auditions in one weekend. The problem is that for 2 of them, there is a possibility of a callback on the next day. Heidelberg would be on a Friday, with a callback on Saturday, Darmstadt is on the Saturday with a possibility of a callback on Sunday and Osnabrück would be on a Sunday. I will wait to see what Heidelberg says, because Osnabrück has offered me the option to go on the Friday. We will see what happens. I'm sure everything will work out in the end. 

I've also been invited to the Ballet der Musikalisches Komödie/Oper Leipzig, but I don't think I will go. I would rather be arbeitslos, I think. I have, however, applied to audition for The Phantom of the Opera in Hamburg. I will know if I can go by next week. 

It's been a crazy process, but life keeps moving and so will I.

Comments

Popular Posts